Spending an early Sunday morning at the track for a fundraising event for the local food bank
Lumpia and dumplings…..because I can
- I have exactly one week to get this party shit together…the husband is rounding up all the work RSVPs today. Why do people always wait until the last minute for these things?
- The tree is finished…..that’s it, nothing else is done…no garlands, no door swag, no ribbons….I think I’m having a hard time believing it’s time for Christmas already! I do have the menu pretty much done and I think I’ll be making the citrus punch again that I made last year - huge hit!
- My birthday is Christmas, I’ll be 38…boo. Life needs to slow the fuck down. I enjoy it too much.
- It has, at least, been cold…like it should be in December. That makes me happy.
- I bought a mini pack of those coconut Raffaello Ferrero bonbons the other day…how the hell am I supposed to get skinny with all of this delicious food around all the time? Between my primal need to pack on a winter layer of fat and nothing but goodies, parties and new recipes to try, I don’t stand a chance
- I’m going to meet Jenna for some draaaanks (aka whiskey) and snacks tonight! I found an amazing list of whiskey bars on Eater SF haaaaaaay!!!
- I’ve recently changed my wardrobe to about 90% black, I’m so much happier. Sometimes, it’s just easier to be who you really are and not worry about what the soccer moms think.
- Mini had a race last night and after an amazing warm up, came bouncing over to tell me that she’d figured out how to better take the corners! And boy did she! Shaved 1 1/2 seconds off her previous best lap time! WAY TO GO MINI!!!
- I think it’s getting to be time to call a coach…..
- Also, I’m still ob.sessed. with finding the right pair of black ankle pants….Ann Taylor was just about right…just about….
- I finally ordered the table for the front room, so we can start that transition….it’s now backordered until February. -_____-
- Happy Friday everyone!!!
Just Female Storm Sweatshirt (via Need Supply)