Hope Flight Jacket (via La Garconne)
This weekend was for:
- A run…meh….
- the backyard fire!
- phone calls, making appointments, etc.
- Ordering mats for my prints…I am finally getting back to the Etsy shop, it’ll open the end of June.
- Grilled salmon, whipped yukon golds and salad..mmm mmm
- an early run
- a quick shower-running late
- coming around the corner to head down the stairs to find out that Capwell had ralphed all the way down them
- a brunch date with my fella…I took advantage of a Gilt sale and bought a few vouchers for Rosa Mexicano-loved the one in Miami (I used two a while ago when I went with Jenna and had these two left so my guy and I went) It certainly didn’t go as planned. First, parking…enough said. Second, we had a margarita sampler with our table side guac (to die for) that quickly numbed our tongues, I’m talking one sip…and I mean like it was hard to talk-like we’d been to the dentist numb..we pushed those bad boys to the side and moved on to our entrees…pause-husband has to go move the car-the meter’s up and everything is being blocked for bay to breakers….I watched the table across argue about what to order while I waited..here he comes, back to breakfast, which turned out to be the spiciest Chilaquiles we’d ever had in our lives…we’re talking runny nose, sweating, blistered lips…it was horrible…we didn’t even finish…the churros at the end…meh, the raspberry-orange sauce that went with them…bring me a vat with a straw….I think I’m officially over the SF version…..
- roaming around the piers, admiring the gorgeous weather
- Heading back to change before the A’s game
- Parking for the A’s game-oh, that’s right, there was no parking, only tailgating-unlike anything I’d ever seen…
- A’s game-in which, we were surrounded by the most obnoxious bunch of college kids….talking about everything they shouldn’t be around kids…or adults for that matter….people were getting pissed…thank God they shut.the.hell.up. for the fireworks-only because they were so drunk from the drinking game they invented- the “for every ball thrown, caught, fouled, looked at, talked about or otherwise take a drink!!!”. The fireworks were great!
- leaving the A’s game, in which we sat in that parking lot for an hour, all we could do was laugh
- Midnight In’n’Out…just like everybody else in town…well, every cowboy/girl…the rodeo was just arriving when we pulled in. Seriously, this is still ranch land…
- finding out that we didn’t win $590 million? what.the.hell??
- bed- at 1:30….I’m getting too old for this
- You guessed it, up bright and early…but that’s ok because it was my mini’s first day at the new track
- Watching my mini learn the new track and how to drift, she got it the first time around….she did well enough to leave the instructors and do a solo lap and her first race she lapped her class twice and was 4 seconds faster than the rest…she qualified for an adult license…lot’s of positive comments-she’s got a lot to learn still, but she’s already blowing us away. I can’t wait to see what else she can do! I am one proud mom!
- a nap
- researching the next step for my mini
- grocery run
- pizza and salad for dinner
Boy, I sure am glad there are more weekends ahead of us, I’ll take a do-over for Saturday but gladly keep Sunday. Hope your weekend was enjoyable all the way around!
It was fireworks night at the coliseum!
And back across the bay for the game…
Turned out to be a gorgeous day in the Bay Area!
Joie Adalene Stripe Sweater (via Nordstrom)